Wednesday, April 6, 2011

And...its April!

WOW!. March flew by quickly, huh? It is now officially Spring!

I have been busy with my nursing program which has taking up all of my time! But I enjoy it a lot!
On my down time I'm usually going to local shows (if i can) or doing photo shoots/fashion runways.

Here are some pictures! :)




These photographs were taken by the lovely, Olivia Bush!



Makeup and hair done by le talented Alex Morris! :D

Did a fashion show/ Dog Charity event to promote Dog Adoption for fashion designer, Krystal Savanella






This show was taken place at the Camarillo airport. Very vintage styles of airplanes were everywhere! It was so rad!


I did another photoshoot where I looked as if I was beaten up. The photographer gave me some scrubs (how convenient. haha!) and i guess my role was someone who was beaten up, locked away? It was a favor for a friend's friend. But it was still fun! Makeup done by the amazing Alex Morris again! :)


Photography by Jacob Coppage and makeup done by Alex Morris.



And me, getting up at 5am for Clinicals that start at 6:30am. woo.

Just recently, I did a 3D style event- The Art Inception Hair Show 2011,
http://PrecisionBarbershop.com/art-inception-hair-show-2011-2
It was a WestCoast/EastCoast type event where we did a fashion show skyped over to the other side of the country to represent our stuff. Santa Barbara and Los Angeles collaborated together to create interesting hair styles to represent the West Coast and I believe New York and Philadelphia collaborated to represent East Coast.
Very interesting indeed!
Here is a preview of my weekend!



Hair was done by the lovely Maya Robledo.

Lets just say I have My Little Pony hair colors. And I love it. :)




Anyways. Back to the Event. It was taken place in downtown Los Angeles at The Well.
Everyone was wearing 3D glasses to see the brightness of our hair colors :)
It was a lot of fun! There will be pictures to come!
But til then, this is what we did afterwards.
Since it was me, Jalanis Fishe, Jenya Skeen, and Jacob Coppage all road tripping it down to LA, after the show we went to grab dinner at California Vegan. Jenya and I are vegans. Jalanis is vegetarian and loves junk food. I recommended California Vegan to compromise our love of food. Jacob just had to put up with our vegetarian/vegan lifestyle :)





California Vegan is pretty much a vegan denny's. It is love. haha! And they're open just as late as a regular dennys. Why can't they have one in Santa Barbara?? It would be amazing!









we ordered fries, vegan orange chicken, vegan chicken strips, veggie dumplings, veggie soup, vegan tempura shrimp, onion rings, tempura broccoli, and mini salad on the side with thai sesame peanut dressing. It was a big feast! we planned to all share dessert. But we were too full to do so. we ended up having to take home some of the food!

So this is what I look like on a daily basis.

And in my nursing uniform.




For school, I was so scared to see what people's reactions were. And what my teacher would think! I was afraid I was going to be sent home for having crazy colors in my hair.! Apparently, it was a big hit. and honestly, my teacher loved it!. She even said that I could maybe keep it? One of the people from the administration came in yesterday, looked at my hair. and didn't say anything.
So...thats kind of awesome. But I hope I wasn't secretly written up... gah.

By the way. I have a recipe to share for you :)

Meatless Meatball Sandwich

(I got this from Peta Vegan College Cookbook. The "Meatball Anti-Hero" !)

Ingredients

4 Meatless Meatballs (Nate's Meatless Meatballs)
Ezekiel Sprouted hot dog buns
1-2 slices Tofutti Mozzarella Cheese
2 tablespoons Marinara Sauce or Salsa

Directions
By Microwave
Put the meatless meatballs in a microwave safe dish and heat til hot (like 45 seconds).
Remove from microwave and add the marinara sauce or salsa,
Put it back in microwave and heat for 2 minutes til bubbly
Spoon meatballs and sauce and top with mozzarella cheese onto bread.
Microwave for 30 seconds til cheese melts

By Stove
Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray
Place meatless meatballs on there and wait 1 minute
Slice hot dog bun and have it face down on pan with the meatless meatballs for 1 minute
(make sure during this time you are moving the meatless meatballs around so it can be cooked all over)
The hot dog bun should be toasted enough to take off and place on plate.
Once meatless meatballs are done (make sure they seem cooked)
place them onto the hot dog bun, top with marinara sauce or salsa and mozzarella cheese (cut into halfs)

AND EAT IT :)

this has been one my current favorites to make every day :)

Time to finish more homework! Will update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment