Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Brazizzil, Zizzle, Brazizizizl nutttszzzz
And I swear. I did not anticipate on looking "gangsta" in this photograph. coincidently i was wearing a hoodie.
Brazilnut Buttercups with Cacao/Carob Chocolate?
Tis true, my dear.
Ever since i've influenced my mother into eating healthier, she went out to get The Kind Diet book by Alicia Silverstone.
She shared with me this Peanut Buttercup recipe
1/2 cup Earth Balance butter
3/4 cup crunchy Nut Butter
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
1/4 cup maple syrup, raw agave nectar, stevia sugar, or lucuma powder
1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate, carob chips, and or cacao chips
1/4 cup Nut milk
1. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. And set it aside.
2. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in the Nut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar. Mix well.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
5. Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
6. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
7. Place in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours before serving
And since I've made my Nut Butter myself
And again, the recipe here:
As for the Chocolate, I found Cacao chips at random, and I also bought a bag of Carob chips.
So I used both of them.
As for milk,
I always soak nuts and goji berries,
using the residue/water from soaking them
and MimicCreme cream substitute:
These Nut Butter Cups have a great source of:
-Essential Fatty Acids
-Magnesium (aids in body's absorption of Calcium!)
-Beta Carotene (good for memory!)
-Monounsaturated fats (good for the heart!)
Benefits Cholesterol Levels, Cardiovascular Self,
Protects against Heart Disease, Cancer & Thyroid Problems
Reversing Aging Effects
Stimulates Immune System
This is just the conbination of the Cashews, Brazilnuts, Goji Berries, Cacao, and Carob!
Note: because lots of us don't know about Essential Fatty Acids (also known as Omega 3) it contributes to brain function.
Lots of people take Fish Oil for this, but Nuts are great source of these nutrients!